Friday, October 9, 2009

Just Twitting

I read the article titled “Have You Tweeted Today?” I am not sure of the author (Diana Fingal?), perhaps this was just a blog in the magazine of the September/ October issue. This caught my attention since we had to get a Twitter for class. I am still not too happy about the idea since Twitter is not very appealing to me. However, as the professor mentioned, it is very important to try it before we make a decision about it. In the article it mentions how some teachers favor this form of technology since it gives them the opportunity to follow other educators for feedback and collaboration among each other. They also make the point that we must keep up with the technology and know what our students are doing on the web.

Although, I am still somewhat skeptical about things such as Twitter, I feel I am opening up to the idea. I feel that if these are good strategies for students to learn, than why not use them? I can see myself using things like that to post up the homework for students. Maybe we can also use it to communicate amongst each other. I think this could also be used to communicate with other teachers and see what they are doing. We could throw some ideas at each other to make our lessons more interesting.

2 comments:

  1. I agree with you, I think there ae so many different tools to use that are more compleete, like this one for example, we can share much more information than just a coment of what am I doing today. but like you say, we have to give it a chance.

    ReplyDelete
  2. By the time we get into teaching I wonder what else there will be. Goodness, there will probably be something more updated and interesting.

    ReplyDelete